National Honor Society Essay: Characteristics and Purpose
The National Honor Society is a remarkable organization that gives high school students a perfect opportunity to make a difference in the world. NHS members help people in need, children and the elderly, as well as voluntary organizations. National honor society essay is a form of application that you need to write in order to get accepted to the National Honor Society. This type of essay may include your experience, which proves that you are a good leader, a valuable team member, or a conscious citizen. You should explain why your personality is special, how your skills and talents distinguish you from other people. What possible contributions can you make to society? Maybe you were a co-founder of some club at your high school or spent your last summer volunteering for some local organization? That’s a good start!
Everyone knows that being an NHS member is very prestigious. Many young people dream about joining the NHS, the same way other students dream about being popular in high school. But let’s talk about the actual purpose of entering this amazing organization and learn how to join it.
Applying for NHS Membership: Main Requirements
First, make sure that your school has an NHS chapter. If yes, check out your handbook or speak with a chapter adviser.
If you are in grades 10-12 and meet the requirements presented by the school chapter, you are qualified to become an NHS member. Application requirements are founded on four cornerstones: Scholarship, Service, Leadership, and Character.
- Scholarship: This part implies that your cumulative GPA must be 85, B, 3.0 on a 4.0 scale. Bear in mind that a higher GPA may be required by some school chapters.
- Service: It means your voluntary contributions to school or various communities, as well as participating in charitable activities.
- Leadership: This part is all about students who are ingenious and empathic, able to resolve conflicts in a peaceful manner. Students obtain their leadership qualities while participating in various school activities, group projects, summer camps, and so on.
- Character: This part involves high moral standards and ethical principles: honesty, trustworthiness, respect for others, good manners. Every applying student must have a clean disciplinary record – this is crucial.
Important Things Every Student Must Consider before Applying
- Note that NHS membership implies time commitment and entails a number of certain obligations. Being a part of this organization means striving for excellence and doing your best.
- Chapter and yearly meetings involve certain responsibilities.
- It might be a good idea to add your teacher’s recommendation if you have it.
- Note that you may have a high-quality national honor essay and still not get accepted. What matters most is your unique personality and significant accomplishments.
Nevertheless, a well-written and original NHS essay increases your chances of acceptance. That is why you should put a lot of work into your paper.
Tips on NHS Essay Writing
Writing a national honor society essay is not easy, as it should be personal and unique. You must present yourself to the strict selection committee and prove that you deserve to become an NHS member.
You may wonder how to start your national honor society essay. Should greeting be official? Is it appropriate to tell you about your family? Are you supposed to include some general information about yourself? If you experience any doubts, try to imagine what a selection committee officer would like to find in your essay. Look at your paper from their perspective.
Here we have gathered some helpful tips.
- Your goals should be defined clearly.
- Prove your willingness to study. If you have done any research in the past – share this information.
- Being honest will be a big advantage. It is very easy to understand whether someone is sincere, so do not pretend to be someone else and do not copyright other people’s goals. Be yourself. Your personal stories make you truly unique.
- Describe your recent activities and initiatives.
- Talk about your personal experiences and avoid plagiarism.
- Your language should be clear and free of any slang or emotional expressions. Your style of writing should be strict. Creativity is good, but do not exaggerate with it.
- Show good morals; reveal your values and principles. Explain how they align with NHS beliefs.
- Avoid pleading or asking in any form.
- While talking about your achievements, avoid boasting. Don’t forget to mention other people who have helped you.
- Write about your future goals or plans but stay realistic.
- Explain why you are applying to the NHS and keep its values in mind.
- Show that you are familiar with this organization’s work, talk about things that inspire you. Mention some initiatives that align with your interests and beliefs.
- Explain how you personally can contribute to NHS.
Hopefully, this list will be of use and make the process of writing a national honor society essay easier.
NHS Essay Conclusion Tips
The conclusion is a very important part of your essay, as it sums up everything you have said. Here are some tips regarding your conclusion:
- Give a strong impression of high moral standards.
- Persuade the committee that you are devoted and resolute.
- You may include information about attending some prestigious courses and programs.
- If you are still working with some teachers, write about it.
- Prove that your desire to bring positive changes into your local community is genuine.
- Check your essay several times, and make sure that it is free of grammar, punctuation, and other mistakes. Check if your paper’s formatting is proper. Remember: strong candidates have perfect grammar.
- Look at your NHS essay conclusion as an additional opportunity to impress the selection committee.
If you have any trouble with writing a national honor society essay, expert writers are ready to help. Experienced professionals know how to meet all requirements and make your paper 100% plagiarism-free, unique, and engaging. Your success is guaranteed.